You will need: pressure gauge, pump, vernier caliper.
Check tire pressure periodically. Increased or reduced pressure leads to premature tire wear, deteriorating handling and stability.
Helpful Hints: Check the air pressure in cold tires at least once a week. It is more convenient to use a foot tire pump with a built-in pressure gauge to inflate tires.
1. Unscrew the cap from the tire valve. If the cap is lost, install a new one after finishing work to avoid contamination of the valve spool.
2. Connect a pressure gauge to the valve and press down on the spool. Determine the tire pressure.
3. If the pressure is less than the rated pressure, connect the pump hose tip to the valve and pump air, checking the pressure on the pressure gauge on the pump.
4. If the pressure is higher than the rated pressure, press the special protrusion of the pressure gauge onto the spool and let some of the air out of the tire. Measure the pressure with a manometer. Repeating these operations, bring the pressure back to normal.
5. If you notice that the tire pressure is constantly decreasing, try tightening the valve spool using the key cap. If that doesn't work ...
6. ... check the spool for leaks. Fill the inside of the valve with water. If air bubbles appear, replace the spool.
7. To make the tires wear evenly, after every 10,000 km of run, rearrange the wheels in accordance with the diagram shown in fig. 2.4.
Warning: Operation of tires with worn out tread is prohibited by road traffic regulations, as it can lead to an accident.
8. Use a vernier caliper to measure the residual tread depth in at least three places around the circumference of the wheel. If it is equal to or less than 1.6 mm or if there are transverse wear indicator stripes on the tire, replace the tire. Perform all wheel repairs in specialized workshops.
9. Check the tightness of the wheel nuts and tighten them if necessary.
Checking the coolant level
You will need: coolant, a clean rag.
The coolant level is checked by its amount in the expansion tank.
The expansion tank is installed in the engine compartment on the left mudguard.
Warnings: Check the coolant level on a cold engine only. Coolant is toxic, so take precautions when handling it. Do not pour liquid into the reservoir up to the edge of the filler neck, as its volume will increase when the engine is running. When starting the engine, the expansion tank cap must be closed.
Helpful hints: Always monitor the coolant level. Its sharp decrease or increase should be a signal for an immediate appeal to a car service. If the freshly poured antifreeze suddenly suddenly quickly changed color from blue to brown, it means that you were sold a fake, in which you "forgot" to add corrosion inhibitors. Change the fluid as soon as possible before it can corrode the cooling system.
1. The fluid level must not be lower than the "MIN" mark on the wall of the expansion tank.
2. To add fluid, unscrew the expansion tank cap ...
3. ... and add coolant through a funnel to the required level.
Note: In the expansion tank, the fluid level should be just above the top edge of the tank strap.
4. To remove an air lock in the bend of the hose, remove the radiator cap by turning it counterclockwise approximately 180 ° and add fluid to the expansion tank until the fluid level in the radiator neck begins to rise. An increase in the level means that liquid from the expansion tank has begun to flow into the radiator, displacing the air lock.
5. Screw the caps of the expansion tank and radiator back on, remove spilled liquid with a clean cloth.
Note: If the coolant level in the expansion tank after refilling is slightly higher than the norm, do not lower it. However, a free space of at least 60 mm above the liquid level should be left to compensate for the increase in its volume during engine operation.
Checking the car before leaving
If you are a novice driver, and have no experience of communicating with the "iron horse", then you need to know this, and if you are already experienced, then you just need to remember it! Let's imagine that you are going on a trip in your car. Always check and inspect the vehicle before leaving. What should be included in this? When you arrive at the parking place of your car, the first thing to do is to carry out a visual inspection of the car bodyfor dents and scratches. Such inspection is relevant when your car is in a guarded parking lot. If you find damage to the body that was not there when you parked the car, you must show these damages to the employee who guards the cars in this parking lot, and decide on ways to eliminate the damage acquired during the parking.
Check the wheels of your car . The wheels should be evenly inflated and firmly attached to the rims. Unscrewing the nuts is not allowed. The wheels are inflated every 500 km of the vehicle's run. The tire pressure is checked with a pressure gauge. Every morning, of course, you don't need to run around with a pressure gauge and measure the tire pressure, just check it visually. A flat tire will be immediately noticeable.
Open the hood of the car. Check the engine oil level . Pull out the dipstick. The level should be between the "MAX" and "MIN" marks. If the level is less than required, add oil through the filler neck in the engine.
Check the coolant and brake fluid levels in the expansion tanks. The level should be between the "MAX" and "MIN" marks. If the level of liquids is low, add them.
If the car is equipped with an automatic transmission (automatic transmission), then it is necessary to check the oil level in the box . It is checked in the same way as the oil level in the engine. Note. This check applies to vehicles equipped with serviceable automatic transmissions. On some modern cars, maintenance-free automatic transmissions are installed, and in this case this check is not performed.
Remove dirt and dust from all windows, mirrors and headlights of the car , as well as its license plates. Dirty or dusty windows, mirrors and headlights will not provide you with the necessary visibility, view and road illumination. Contaminated license plates are an administrative offense and a fine will be charged.
Check the operation of the side lights, low and high beam headlights, fog lights, brake lights, turn indicators and hazard warning lights.
- Oral Medication Cenforce 200 Treat Erectile Dysfunction
- KIU Strives to Promote Self-employment Among Youth
BandarQQ : Situs Taruhan Bandar Judi Poker Online, DominoQQ Online, BandarQQ Online, Capsa Susun Online Aman & Terpe
Neurobiological Explanations of Human Behavior
By Allan Pross
Old School RuneScape launched a new competition model of Twisted League
By Amy Stephen